Monday, June 6, 2011

You call it foolish but I call it real

Today's poem is a guest post by the very famous poet e.e. cummings!
Just kidding, he's dead. It's by me. But it is inspired by him. And it was so terrifically fun to write that I might be adopting this as my permanent style.



You call it foolish but I call it real
it's funny how some who grow up and around
folks have forgotten to learn how to feel
(the nearer the sky is the nearer the ground)

here lie the people forgotten by dance
slowly stopped motion in tombs made of glass
they might still alive but they leave that to chance
a hiss and a murmur and life whirls past

We who remember the life before life
and after and during but   are   right now
we are the ones who sing fiddle and fife
maybe   look   why   wow

dreamers children flowers and me
up and inside us for light to reach far
a purpose in living is more than to be
(the brighter the heart is the brighter the star)

No comments:

Post a Comment