Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Discovery of Joy and Sorrow

Ugh. This one was going to be in terza rima, but then I read a very beautiful poem for inspiration, and it turned out to be very depressing because I realized I will never be that good, and as a consequence I gave up a little bit temporarily and this poem is no good at all. I had to post it out of moral obligation, but do yourself a favor and please don't read it. Seriously. Please?



"Do you know joy?"
"Joy? of all the creatures of the world
I have never met one by that name."
"Are you happy here?"
"I do not know what you mean."
"What about sadness? Or anger? Hate?
You have not truly lived if you have never hated.

Wait! Stay... wouldn't you like to know how it feels
to be afraid?"
"No."
"What about virtuous, perhaps?"

"What does that word mean? It sounds very beautiful."
"Oh, it is... but you won't find your answers
here. And wouldn't you like to know
what it means to be brave and good?"

"I cannot understand your words. But
yes, I want to know."



:( By reading this you have made me sad. Thanks a lot. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment