Monday, January 17, 2011

Mission Statement

Hello, all. As you can see, I've decided to start a blog. The reasons for this are many: I was bored. Why not? So something interesting will come up when you google me. Because I felt like it. To get some criticism for my stuff. Just in case someone really wanted to know about my random and scattered thoughts. Rampant egotism.
This blog will include my poetry, perhaps some (very) short stories, book and movie reviews, and occasionally, some interesting thoughts that I think are worth writing down. I'll probably be dealing with some serious stuff, e.g. spirituality and religion, literary criticism, the meaning of life, etc. a good bit of the time, but when I'm not, I'll try to be at least moderately funny. Constructive criticism is more than welcome, as well as any other sort of comment you care to make. I will try to post something new once or twice a week unless I have reasonable proof that no one besides my dad is reading it.

And now, (since this is, after all, to be a primarily literature-based blog) here is my mission statement, as well as an explanation for the blog's name, in poem form:


My hands are cupped to the mirrored glass,
My own living breath frosting it with confused whorls and ferns
As I try to peer through.

If I glimpse some shadow,
I'll write it here,
Though it may be nothing.
Yes, it's probably nothing
But my own reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment