Thursday, February 24, 2011

Newspaper Poetry

Howdy, y'all! I hope you're ready for another fabulous post! (Because you're getting one anyway.)
I saw this concept on the internet somewhere and decided to give it a try. However, I'm not very good at this, so these don't make a terrible amount of sense and don't say much of anything. Also, they might be kind of hard to read. The general rule is top to bottom, and as left to right as possible. For some of them it doesn't really matter how you read them, they make equal amounts of sense in any direction! But they were fun to do, and I thought you might enjoy looking at some pictures for once. I made them by finding articles that looked like they might have interesting words, then isolating the words I liked and blacking out the rest. These all came from articles on the first few pages of an old New York Times that I stole out of a recycling bin. 
Sorry for the poor image quality; I don't have a scanner and I'm not much of a photographer.



No comments:

Post a Comment